Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pondering Takes Time


Psalm 48:Within your temple, O God,
    we meditate on your unfailing love.
10 Like your name, O God,
    your praise reaches to the ends of the earth;
    your right hand is filled with righteousness.

============

“I wonder if I did my report?” was the thought that crossed my mind. The answer came to me in a flash. “No!” I started thinking of who I could call to help me with the project. I then thought about some important points that would make the report engaging. Finally I thought of some great numbers that would really knock the socks off of senior management.

When I finished my flood of thoughts I realized I was in church and had not really heard a word that was said. “Oh well, I’ll catch it next week.”

  • Sometimes I get distracted with life.
  • Sometimes I put projects in the way of life.
  • Sometimes I see nothing else but the project, causing me to be blind.


Praise who? I have this on my mind and it’s hard to praise anyone when I am this distracted, I thought to myself. Then it hit me, I was getting choked by the world.

  • GOD says to me “Do not worry” and I believe it is because I lose my focus of HIM.
  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid” and I believe it is because I think about this world too much.
  • GOD says to me “I will be with you always” and I forget this when I am distracted.


GOD has received second billing in my life to so many worries, fears and doubts. I exhaust myself just trying to keep things moving in a path that I feel comfortable. GOD has never placed me on a path where life gets boring. HE has just the right mix of trial and reward to make me grow. HE is worthy of my time and I need to quiet down and listen to HIM daily.

  • Are you distracted?
  • Do you feel overwhelmed?
  • Can you stop for a moment to meditate on GOD’s wonderful power?
  • Will you praise GOD today for HIS unfailing love?


No comments:

Post a Comment