Thursday, April 16, 2015

Slow Down


Psalm 38: 15 Lord, I wait for you;
    you will answer, Lord my God.

============

My hand quickly pounded on the horn as the car in front of me sat there like they had no place to be. I raised my engine high as I passed everyone on the road. I got to work and my admin did not have my schedule together, “Please hurry” was my request as I had numerous meeting to prepare for. When an emergency popped up, I went faster and faster. “Where are you GOD, and why aren’t you moving fast?” was my thought.

  • Sometimes my problem isn’t the problem.
  • Sometimes the emergency isn’t the problem.
  • Sometimes the situation or circumstance isn’t the problem.


Leading a very busy life leaves no room for GOD in my life. HE gets pushed to the back burner every day while I handle the “high priority” items on my plate. Then I find myself moving faster and faster with little patience for those who can’t keep up. In this instance, GOD chooses to help me with my impatience.

  • GOD says to me “Wait on MY deliverance.”
  • GOD says to me “I have you in MY hand no one can pluck you out.”
  • GOD says to me “Have patience, be slow to anger, and watch ME work.”


What about my emergency? You mean I have to wait again!? Yes. Wait. GOD know just how long to keep me in the fire in order to burn off my doubts, worries and fears. HE says “I made you and I know how much you can handle.” HE watches me squirm and watches others around me squirm. HE then says, “Wait.”

Waiting makes me slow down, sit down and bow down. It makes me have patience for those around me and for those who are in similar positions. Waiting removes gloating arrogance and anger. Waiting builds trust and faith. GOD yields to no humans’ dates or times, but HE is always right on time!

  • Are you losing your patience with GOD?
  • Do you feel like you are out of time?
  • Can you understand that waiting on GOD is good because HIS plan is better?
  • Will you slow down enough to listen to GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment