Thursday, May 7, 2015

Good is Not Good Enough

Psalm 53:The fool says in his heart,
    “There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their ways are vile;
    there is no one who does good.
God looks down from heaven
    on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
    any who seek God.
Everyone has turned away, all have become corrupt;

    there is no one who does good,
    not even one.

-------

Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
    When God restores his people,
    let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

============

In a bind I had nowhere to turn. “Side with the thief or the liar” were my choices. I had to become one or the other in order to get what I needed. I chose siding with the thief. I mean lying seems too extreme and the thief was admired.

  • When I look at someone else’s righteousness I forget I am a sinner.
  • When I look at someone else’s downfalls I forget I have issues.
  • When I look at someone else’s sin I forget I have sin.


It’s easy to look at “that” person and say ‘Tsk, tsk, tsk, look at what they are doing.” I mean whatever “they” are doing is much worse than what I’m doing, right? Wrong! What I’m doing may be viler to GOD than what “they” are doing.

  • GOD says to me “Do not compare yourself to anyone or you will be judged.”
  • GOD says to me “Your righteousness is like filthy rags.”
  • GOD says to me “MY grace is sufficient.”


We are all in the mud, throwing mud at each other saying “you have mud on you.” When I try to be “good’ to get my way with GOD and then get mad at HIM for not getting my way, I show just how evil my heart is. GOD knew that I would turn away from HIM and HE loved me anyway. HIS SON volunteered to restore my sinful life by dying for me. I am eternally grateful.

  • Are you comparing yourself to others, even in the tiniest way?
  • Do you talk about other folk’s mistakes or sins?
  • Can you praise GOD instead of thinking bad or talking about someone?
  • Will you allow GOD to save you, HIS way and in HIS time?

No comments:

Post a Comment