Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Planning for the Future

Psalm 61: Hear my cry, O God;
    listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.

============

What will they say about me at my funeral? I mean will they say that I worked hard and accumulated a great amount of wealth for myself? Will they say I had a wonderful title at whatever company? I wonder.

  • Sometimes I chase pleasing the crowd.
  • Sometimes I try to be what everyone else wants me to be.
  • Sometimes I live to meet someone else’s expectations.


Getting accolades for being a corporate warrior sounds great on paper. I mean I received status, wealth and a little fame. But GOD called me out of this path and onto a new one. HE woke me up to see people who are in need and desires that I serve them with all my heart, no matter who they are or what they believe.

This is a different calling that leaves no legacy. I mean who will remember getting served or prayed for? With busy lives, people soon forget they received prayer and GOD granted them solitude. At the end of my life I desire more than a legacy.

  • At the end of my life I want GOD so say “Well done my good and faithful servant.”
  • At the end of my life I want GOD to wipe away my tears and point me to eternity.
  • At the end of my life I want GOD to give me rewards that I never would have expected.


David recognized his need for GOD early. In order to be ready for a full life serving GOD, I have to start early. I have to begin dropping off the need to be dependent on the world and relying on GOD for direction and delivery. HE provides and HE has plans for me that are far greater than any I could have for myself. HE is my refuge and leads me to the rock upon which I can build my foundation.

  • Are you tired?
  • Do you feel you are working yourself to death?
  • Have you given GOD a little time this week to serve who HE wants you to serve?
  • Are you seeking a legacy to yourself or rewards in heaven?
  • Will you serve someone today without the need to get an accolade here on earth?


No comments:

Post a Comment