Monday, May 18, 2015

Pride doesn’t match the crowd


Psalm 60:Save us and help us with your right hand,
    that those you love may be delivered.

============

Curiosity got the best of me as I desired to see if my head could fit between the railings on the porch. It was a snug fit and took a bit of squirming but I triumphed! This short lived victory was followed by deep panic. How was I going to get myself out of the predicament? I know, “Cry!”

  • Sometimes I get myself in predicaments that require outside help.
  • Sometimes I get myself in situations that need others to assist.
  • Sometimes I get myself in circumstances that I cannot get myself out of.


As innocent as my thinking may have been, many times I have gotten into predicaments that I needed help. This means that when I cry out for help I should expect a crowd of people to help me. But what if I made enemies or what if I cried out once too often. Will I get help?

  • GOD says to me “Cry out to ME and I will save you.”
  • GOD says to me “Confess to ME and I will forgive you.”
  • GOD says to me “Trust ME and believe in ME and I will give you and abundant life.”


Sometimes I think GOD is not in my corner. I mean I’m the one who chose to get myself in “name the situation.” “HE can’t possibly forgive me this time” is the lie that pops into my head. BUT GOD says different. GOD says “MY grace is sufficient. HE knows the heart is willing but the flesh is weak. JESUS called me a “sheep” and rightfully so.

Sheep have no means to really take care of themselves. They are curious animals who innocently wander off, looking for greener pastures to graze. They constantly need rescuing and forget they got rescued yesterday. JESUS was right in HIS comparison. HE desires that I recognize where salvation comes from, both in eternity and here on earth. GOD delivers me.

  • Do you need deliverance?
  • Are you in a predicament that you cannot get yourself out of?
  • Will you patiently cry to GOD without panicking?
  • Will you be able to wait on the LORD for HIS deliverance, HIS way in HIS timing?


No comments:

Post a Comment