Saturday, May 30, 2015

Sinner's Clean



This poem's dedicated
   To my father
Who has been redeemed
   Why'd you have to go so soon

It seems like yesterday
 We were hanging
     Round the pews
Now we're  gonna
     Keep your memory alive
           Sharing God's good news


A life time of memories
  I can not contain
I'd like to keep claiming
   But must first get past the pain

I lift my Bible to your memory
 Romans 10 verse 9
Gives me peace of mind
  Knowing one day soon
      We'll be,
          seeing eye to eye

This for my family
..this is for my father
See you when I get there
 Cause this sinner's clean, this sinner's clean...

My God My God
..could you pass on a message for me
Tell him to hold his praise for a second Lord
..Listen to his family
Could you tell him
...we'll never let go of his memory
So his church will know
....you don't have to cry no more
Cause God's got their back
... I said God's got my back..

A life time of memories
..we cannot contain
We'd like to keep moving
... But need time to heal the pain

I lift my Bible to your memory
..1 John 1 verse 9
Gives me hope that I
..know that one day soon
We'll be, seeing eye to eye

This is for my family...



Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment