Psalm 55: 22 Cast your cares on the Lord
Staring at the phone did not make it ring. I even checked it to make sure that it worked, thinking “maybe the ringer is broken. Does anyone care?” I was not used to the silence after my noisy lifestyle of being the “party maker.” Staring at the phone again later in life still did not make it ring. This time I waited on a higher paying job after my noisy lifestyle of being the “hotshot programmer.” I checked the phone thinking “maybe the ringer is broken. Does anyone care?” I was used to headhunters calling me and they had stopped.
Staring at email did not make the responses come through, “maybe they didn’t get my email. Does anyone care?” I wonder if there is a pattern!
- When I want something and I am not getting it, I wonder if anyone cares.
- When I desire something and I am not getting my way, I wonder if anyone cares.
- When I crave something and I am not quenching want, I wonder if anyone cares.
“Does anyone care?” has run across my mind a few times in my life, usually when I faced an extended wait period. My party crowd had found their parties and the business crowd their candidate. “What about me?” blinded me to the care that was given to me.
- GOD says to me “I care for you deeper than you can ever imagine.”
- GOD says to me “I love you deeply and I will never leave you.”
- GOD says to me “I can handle whatever you are concerned about and I will sustain you.”
GOD knows every concern I may have, yet it is very liberating to search myself and tell HIM what is bothering me. When I tell GOD about my concern, HE gives me peace. HE sustains me through storms and does not let me become shaken.
- Are you going through a storm?
- Do you feel that no one cares?
- Can you place your cares at GOD’s feet?
- Will you understand that GOD cares about you deeply?