Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Passionate Prayer

Psalm 69: 13 But I pray to you, Lord,
    in the time of your favor;
in your great love, O God,
    answer me with your sure salvation.
14 Rescue me from the mire,
    do not let me sink;
deliver me from those who hate me,
    from the deep waters.
15 Do not let the floodwaters engulf me
    or the depths swallow me up
    or the pit close its mouth over me.
16 Answer me, Lord, out of the goodness of your love;
    in your great mercy turn to me.
17 Do not hide your face from your servant;

    answer me quickly, for I am in trouble.
18 Come near and rescue me;
    deliver me because of my foes.


============

“LORD Help!” were the only words I could think of as my car began to skid. One moment I was driving steady the next my car began to wag and almost spun out of control. The car skidded through a red light of a usually busy street. No one hit us.

  • Sometimes I am in immediate danger.
  • Sometimes I need help right now!
  • Sometimes I am in trouble and the situation is dire.


David was sick and tired of being sick and tired. At one time he was praised and at this moment he was being hunted for execution. I feel the same way at times. I chalk up life’s lessons as something to store up in my memory but there are times when trouble really seems to get heavier and hotter. What can I do?

  • GOD says to me “In times of trouble call to ME and I will save you.”
  • GOD says to me “No matter where you think you are I have MY arms open wide for you.”
  • GOD says to me “Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see GOD.”


Some trials make me go into action and I put my hands into things GOD should be handling, but there are other times when I have no time to plan, grab on or fix my trouble. Only GOD can handle the situation and all I can do is say “GOD Help!.” Just like the Psalmist said, “GOD knows my folly and my guilt is not hidden from HIM.”  GOD’s grace is the focus in times of trouble.

  • Are you in trouble?
  • Do you feel you are running out of time?
  • Can you focus on GOD’s deliverance?
  • Will you rely on GOD rather than your power?


No comments:

Post a Comment