Monday, June 29, 2015

HE Will Listen


Psalm 88:Lord, you are the God who saves me;
    day and night I cry out to you.
May my prayer come before you;
    turn your ear to my cry.

============

Phone staring was no longer my pass time. I had given up the job search and resolved in my mind that I would remain in the “Po-dunk” town I was in at the time. Looking back, the label I placed on the town was my problem. I had a specific lifestyle I was chasing when I looked for a job in the big city and because I wasn’t getting it I began to wonder if GOD loved me. I didn’t want to be around this group of people any longer. I wanted out!

  • There are times where I ask for the wrong things.
  • There are times in which my desires are centered on “me.”
  • There are times where I am blinded by my own ambitions.


With a sigh and a slight pout I got back to work. Soon after I found excitement in serving at the church I was at. I started meeting people and found they were not so bad. In fact they needed GOD just as much as I did. I said I would become a Sunday school teacher there and then my phone rang. It was a job that I had not applied for.

  • GOD wants me to want HIM more than I want other things.
  • GOD wants me to elevate HIS needs over mine as much as I can.
  • GOD wants to serve me so the more I can give to HIM the better our relationship grows.


Admitting my blindness to HIM is the first step. HE is the ONE who saves me from troubles, even the ones I put myself in. I must admit to HIM that I clearly do not know what is right for me so I need HIM to take the helm and guide me. I must place my prayer before HIM and align to HIS ways. The more I am in tune to HIS will, the less I will be disappointed.

  • Are you asking GOD for something?
  • Is your stubborn will getting in the way of hearing GOD?
  • Can you curtail your desires for a minute and ask GOD to reshape them into HIS will for you?
  • Will you ask GOD to take you on a new journey?


No comments:

Post a Comment