Monday, June 15, 2015

Ingredients for Deliverance

Psalm 78: 11 They forgot what he had done,
    the wonders he had shown them.
12 He did miracles in the sight of their ancestors
    in the land of Egypt, in the region of Zoan.
13 He divided the sea and led them through;
    he made the water stand up like a wall.
14 He guided them with the cloud by day
    and with light from the fire all night.
15 He split the rocks in the wilderness
    and gave them water as abundant as the seas;
16 he brought streams out of a rocky crag
    and made water flow down like rivers.
17 But they continued to sin against him,
    rebelling in the wilderness against the Most High.
18 They willfully put God to the test
    by demanding the food they craved.
19 They spoke against God;
    they said, “Can God really
    spread a table in the wilderness?
20 True, he struck the rock,
    and water gushed out,
    streams flowed abundantly,
but can he also give us bread?
    Can he supply meat for his people?”
21 When the Lord heard them, he was furious;
    his fire broke out against Jacob,
    and his wrath rose against Israel,
22 for they did not believe in God
    or trust in his deliverance.


============

As I pondered “GOD’s deliverance” I noticed that when I get nervous or think GOD isn’t moving fast enough, I start telling HIM what to do. I mean I tell HIM how much, when and sometimes why. BUT GOD wants me to think differently.

  • GOD wants me to understand the trial so I can go in a different direction.
  • GOD wants me to hold onto HIS ways so I can follow HIS lead.
  • GOD wants me to remember HIS deliverance from the past and trust in HIS deliverance now.


“Grow up” is GOD’s calling to me. HE wants me to stop remaining feeble and hold on to GOD, who has all the power!. Instead of fretting through a trial, HE simply wants me to remember.

  • Have you lost your trust in GOD?
  • Do you tell HIM what you need and when you need it constantly?
  • Can you ask HIM for forgiveness and look back to remember HIS deliverance?
  • Will you add trust to your day and let GOD bless you?


No comments:

Post a Comment