Thursday, June 11, 2015

Time Machines Do Not Exist

Psalm 76:It is you alone who are to be feared.
    Who can stand before you when you are angry?
From heaven you pronounced judgment,
    and the land feared and was quiet—
when you, God, rose up to judge,
    to save all the afflicted of the land.
10 Surely your wrath against mankind brings you praise,
    and the survivors of your wrath are restrained.

============

“You know what’s really disappointing, I trusted you” were the words that turned me around. After losing the trust of my supervisor I felt miserable. Now I was being watched carefully on a job that I hated anyway. What hurt the most is I had trust placed in me, lost it and could never gain it back.

  • Sometimes I blow it with people and I cannot gain their trust back.
  • Sometimes I make permanent mistakes with people and I cannot win them over.
  • Sometimes I burn bridges with people and they cannot be rebuilt.


It seemed like GOD was angry at my slothful ways. I was definitely on the wrong path and this incident with my supervisor proved it. I had to wake up and place my fear back in GOD rather than fearing a shrinking bank account. I had to get restraint.

  • GOD allows me to be as wild as I want to be, but HE would rather have me fear HIS ways.
  • GOD allows me to not follow HIM, but HE would rather that I fear HIS wrath.
  • GOD allows me to get angry at HIM, shake my fist at HIM and threaten to move away from HIM, but HE would rather have a peaceful loving relationship with me that has power.


I do not have a time machine to go back and fix all the ills I have created in life. GOD allowed me to feel HIS wrath in a very small way many times. BUT GOD is the ultimate forgiver. HE chastens me rather than destroying me. HE adds restraint to my ways that tend to run away from HIM and HE holds on tight. I can now praise HIM for holding onto me instead of letting me run further away from HIM.

  • Are you looking back at past mistakes?
  • Do you think reviewing the past will help you right now?
  • Can you let go of the past and hold onto GOD?
  • Will you stop looking into the future and look at the here and now?
  • Will you fear and praise GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment