Wednesday, June 3, 2015

When My Back is Against the Wall

Psalm 70:May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!”
    turn back because of their shame.
But may all who seek you
    rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who long for your saving help always say,
    “The Lord is great!”
But as for me, I am poor and needy;
    come quickly to me, O God.
You are my help and my deliverer;
    Lord, do not delay.


============

When my professor said, “I think you should choose another major” I was devastated. Meanwhile my car was broke down and bill collectors were calling. This was the worst year ever… well at least that’s what I thought back then. It’s amazing how large these problems felt.

  • There are times when it seems difficult for me to just hold on.
  • There are times when it seems like everything is falling apart for me.
  • There are times when it seems as if nothing is going right for me.


“Woe is me” could be said many days and that makes me want to schlep into a corner and ball up into the fetal position. One negative thought after the next tell lies about the current situation, bringing on discouragement. BUT GOD breaks through with HIS might!

  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid for I AM with you” meaning I do not have to believe in my lying thoughts.
  • GOD says to me “Take heed, salvation is here” meaning I am not the one who will save me, rather it is GOD.
  • GOD says to me “Trust and obey, keep seeking MY kingdom and I will deliver you” meaning I do not have to exhaust myself but ask GOD to fill me up.


Discouragement is one of the enemy’s weapons. He throws obstacle after obstacle at me until I feel my efforts are futile. BUT GOD wants me to remain encouraged so I can use the creative mind HE gave me. GOD wants me to seek HIS face so I can have peace. Once I have peace then HE can remove negative thoughts and replace them with HIS inspired activity.Peace is not a hard thing to get when I ask GOD for it and give HIM today’s worries.

  • Are you in need?
  • Do you feel overwhelmed?
  • Can you give your problems to GOD in exchange for a moment of peace?
  • Will you stop thinking one way and allow GOD’s infinite imagination to enter you?



No comments:

Post a Comment