Friday, July 3, 2015

Enjoy the Ride


Psalm 92: 11 My eyes have seen the defeat of my adversaries;
    my ears have heard the rout of my wicked foes.
12 The righteous will flourish like a palm tree,
    they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon;
13 planted in the house of the Lord,
    they will flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They will still bear fruit in old age,
    they will stay fresh and green,
15 proclaiming, “The Lord is upright;
    he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him.”

============

“May I be successful” was my prayer and I was thrust into a whirlwind of huge successes. But then life became very distracting and soon I had little time for GOD. I had too many worries I had to attend to and the pressures of life didn’t seem to afford quality time to spend with GOD.


  • Sometimes my trials are caused by my expectations.
  • Sometimes my trials are caused by my desires.
  • Sometimes my trials are caused by something I asked for.

Finally I decided to put my trust in GOD for a change. I mean I decided to go out and “street-witness” for the first time in my life. This was met with trials as well but I asked GOD to remove the barriers and people responded to our message. I realized that GOD will defeat my adversaries when I sincerely focus on HIS kingdom.


  • GOD wants me to be wildly successful while spreading HIS kingdom.
  • GOD wants me to understand what true success looks like.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS kingdom first and all ‘these” things will be added.

When I seek my kingdom first it seems to be a road that quickly forgets GOD but when I seek HIS kingdom first I have to depend on HIM and HIS sovereignty. I become weak and HE is made strong in my life. I can then watch HIS power unfold before me for HE is my ROCK.


  • Are you waiting for the trial to end?
  • Do you think you have the answer to your trial so you constantly pray for “your” answer?
  • Can you ask GOD “What do YOU want me to do in the middle of this trial?”
  • Will you let GOD go before you, defeating enemies and allow HIM to raise you up in HIS time?
  • Can you let go and enjoy the ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment