Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hearing When the Noise is Loud

Psalm 104: 27 All creatures look to you
    to give them their food at the proper time.
28 When you give it to them,
    they gather it up;
when you open your hand,
    they are satisfied with good things.
29 When you hide your face,
    they are terrified;
when you take away their breath,
    they die and return to the dust.
30 When you send your Spirit,
    they are created,
    and you renew the face of the ground.
31 May the glory of the Lord endure forever;
    may the Lord rejoice in his works—
32 he who looks at the earth, and it trembles,
    who touches the mountains, and they smoke.
33 I will sing to the Lord all my life;
    I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
34 May my meditation be pleasing to him,
    as I rejoice in the Lord.

============

“Hurry, we have to get to the airport on time” were the motivating words out of my mouth that I barked at my team. Barely getting there on time, my heart raced as I got into the routine of shoe removal and laptop stacking in the security line. I quickly sized up the other travelers and noticed a person fumbling to remove their belt.

I quickly dashed into another line and looked incessantly at my watch, hoping to speed up the security screeners. I plopped in my seat and immediately went to sleep not noticing anyone around me.

  • Sometimes the noise of life makes me not notice my surroundings.
  • Sometimes the noise of life drowns out quiet sounds.
  • Sometimes the noise of life keeps me on edge to the point where nothing else fits.


It’s hard to see GOD at work when the attendant doesn’t have my reservation and I may be late for an important meeting. Birds, what birds? What do they have to do with me? I, late! BUT GOD wants me to hear HIM.

  • GOD provides food for the birds and wants me to slow down to notice HE takes care of them and me.
  • GOD made the mountains and waters the field and wants me to know HE cares for me in spite of what’s going on around me.
  • GOD sustains and gives at the proper time and wants me to understand HIS time is wonderful.


Slow down instead of speeding up. Stop looking at the watch or calendar and look out at the bird hopping in the field is what HE says to me. HIS eye is on the sparrow and I know HE watches over me.

  • Are you deafened by your circumstance?
  • Have you gotten to the point where you cannot hear or see GOD working?
  • Can you stop looking at your watch or calendar and see HIM today?
  • Will you listen to HIS voice by slowing down for just a minute?


No comments:

Post a Comment