Thursday, July 16, 2015

I Better Mean What I Say

Psalm 101:I will sing of your love and justice;
    to you, Lord, I will sing praise.
I will be careful to lead a blameless life—
    when will you come to me?
I will conduct the affairs of my house
    with a blameless heart.

============

“You are sorry you got caught” the officer said to me in reply to my apology. Prior to being pulled over I quickly said “Oh GOD, Please, please, please don’t let me get a ticket!” The officer was right. I was not sorry for what I had done, but I sure was mad that I had to pay.

  • There are times I don’t like justice.
  • There are times I don’t want to sing praises because my heart is too hard.
  • There are times I refuse to yield and end up with consequence rather than blessing.


One day as I was zipping down the road with a coworker, I was pulled over. After claiming my ticket, I sped off only to be pulled over a second time. Fortunately the second officer asked “Where are you going?” He knew the business we were visiting and let me go with a warning! “I better be careful” I said to myself.

  • GOD has forgiven me for my sins but allows “crops” to grow where I sow seeds.
  • GOD has forgiven me for my sins and wants me to plant seeds of life rather than death.
  • GOD has forgiven me for my sins and HE desires that I enjoy HIS rules rather than getting mad at how HE works in my life.


Living sinless, or as the author says “blameless” is pretty difficult. I will inadvertently sin; BUT GOD wants me to stay away from sin anyway, not because HE will hit me in the head with a bat but because I love HIM. HE knows there is power in modeling my behavior after HIM. HE knows I should have love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The more fruit I bear the more GOD blossoms in my life.

  • Are you bearing fruit with your current behavior?
  • Do you think GOD is after you in a bad way or a good way?
  • Can you believe GOD loves you and wants you to delight in HIS way rather than pouting that you are not getting yours?
  • Will you turn your anger into praise for GOD’s justice?


No comments:

Post a Comment