Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Keep Calling

Psalm 99:Moses and Aaron were among his priests,
    Samuel was among those who called on his name;
they called on the Lord
    and he answered them.
He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud;
    they kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them.

============

Sitting on the beach all I could think about was “What time is my spa appointment.” I had never been to a spa but this trip was a perk to the job and someone had to go! After a day of relaxation, a couple invited us out. We danced until the cows came home.

  • In times of plenty, I sometimes forget about GOD.
  • In times of plenty, I do not feel the need to cry out to GOD.
  • In times of plenty, I “think” I have all I need and my shopping bag does not include GOD.


All of my thoughts were on the next position so I could get even bigger perks. As I climbed higher and higher, I did not notice GOD dissipating out of my life. I mean, I had plenty so GOD must have been there, right? Well sort of.

  • GOD wants me to remember HIM in the time of need as well as the time of plenty.
  • GOD wants me to place my thoughts on HIM and praise HIM evenly, through trouble and plenty.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face constantly and not be distracted by trouble or wealth.


Vacations are great; BUT GOD wants me to take HIM with me wherever I go. HE doesn’t want me to get away from HIM in times of plenty and cry out to HIM only when I need HIM. HE wants me to be a full fan of HIM, not just a fair weather fan. My praise should be as equal as my requests. My excitement should be as equal as my doubt. GOD wants me and I call to HIM daily!

  • Have you forgotten GOD?
  • Are you on vacation and feel you can drop GOD off?
  • Will you remember GOD during times of plenty?


No comments:

Post a Comment