Psalm:101: 11 My days are like the evening shadow;
“What else can go wrong” were the hilarious words to the beginning of the slide. First I received some bad news, and then I asked that dreaded question. After that I received more bad news that seemed to top the first wave. I said it again and I got some news that seemed to be equal if not greater than the other two combined. I stopped asking.
- There are times where life’s troubles come at me in many waves.
- There are times when difficulties hit me one blow after another.
- There are times that seem like troubles rush at me when I can’t pick myself up and dust myself off.
It’s easy to say “You’ll be fine” sitting from a cruise ship speaking to someone who is going through trouble, but what happens when “I” am the one who is in trouble? I mean who should I turn to?
- GOD wants me to know “When I am weak GOD is strong.”
- GOD wants me to know “I will never leave you or forsake you.”
- GOD wants me to know “MY love is everlasting, no height, nor depth, nor any created thing can separate you from MY love.”
GOD is a GOD of compassion. Difficulty is a way of life and sometimes the waves hit hard, so hard in fact that they may knock me off my feet. BUT GOD says “I know.” HE cares and HIS plan for me works extremely well in the midst of calamity. GOD responds to my prayer and does not despise my plea.
- Are you going through extreme trouble?
- Has life knocked you off your feet?
- Can you let GOD pick you up and not depend on your own energy?
- Will you look at HIS power in awe and know HE has compassion on you?
- Can you stay the course for where else will you turn?