Wednesday, July 29, 2015

You Can Do It!

Psalm:110 The Lord says to my lord:
“Sit at my right hand
    until I make your enemies
    a footstool for your feet.”

============

As I said my first “bad word” I looked around to see if anyone heard me. Some people giggled others still did not notice me. I could curse! As I looked at the opposite sex as objects, people welcomed me in their conversations. I could lust! As I reached in someone else’s bank and removed a few coins to get ice cream I made my escape and came into the house with a brand new Popsicle. My parents noticed and I got torn apart for that. Okay, I couldn’t steal.

  • Sometimes I think I can get away with sin and sometimes I think I will feel consequences.
  • Sometimes I think GOD is mad at me because I have sinned.
  • Sometimes I think I am being punished by GOD because I was born with a sin nature.


Name the sin and I have probably done it or thought about it. Sometimes it seems like sin is winning and I am losing. I mean can’t I just walk the earth sinless the rest of my life? Why won’t GOD just give me the ability to become a superhero, fighting sin and remaining pure? GOD had another thought.

  • GOD said to me “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet.”
  • GOD said to me “Sin is your enemy and it has condemned you to death, so I will die in your place.”
  • GOD said to me “It is finished, I have forgiven you of all your sin, no human can pluck you out of MY hand.”


When I looked around, all of my enemies were defeated. Sometimes they don’t seem that way, but they really are. GOD said “MY grace is sufficient for you, for MY power is made perfect in weakness.” Sin weakens me and every human except one, namely JESUS. HIS death, burial and resurrection gives me power over my enemies that are already defeated!

  • Do you feel discouraged?
  • Do you feel defeated?
  • Can you get back up and see that the LORD is good?
  • Will you stop focusing on yourself for a minute and know that GOD has defeated your enemies?


No comments:

Post a Comment