Thursday, August 27, 2015

Getting out of the Trap


Psalm 129:“They have greatly oppressed me from my youth,”
    let Israel say;
“they have greatly oppressed me from my youth,
    but they have not gained the victory over me.
Plowmen have plowed my back
    and made their furrows long.
But the Lord is righteous;
    he has cut me free from the cords of the wicked.”

============

“Will I ever get out of here?” I sat and thought. Bullies on the left and poverty on the right, was a thought I had in eighth grade. “Will I ever get out of here?” I sat and thought. This time, difficult teachers and no help or direction prompted my thinking in high school. “Will I ever get out of here?” I sat and thought. This time I had a very boring job in a town I despised and I had no contacts.

  • There are some places in life that seemed like I would remain forever.
  • There are some places in life that seemed like I would never leave.
  • There are some places in life that seemed as if I was stuck with no way out.


Looking forward during those difficult times, the road seemed endless. I mean who can do four whole years of high school, my young mind could not conceive. Looking back at that trial is only laughable compared to the trials of an adult. GOD had a plan for me.

  • GOD is always there for me when I question the road HE has me on.
  • GOD is always there for me when the road seems bleak and I have nothing inside of “me” to resolve the current situation.
  • GOD is always there for me when things seem impossible to me.


When I look at my power and assess my skills I quickly get nervous. I compare what I know with what’s ahead of me and immediately feel like giving up, BUT GOD has shown to be ever faithful. HE says “When you are weakest, MY strength is made perfect.” GOD is my salvation, whom shall I fear?

  • Are you nervous?
  • Are you feeling frightened by your surroundings?
  • Can you be still for a moment today and listen to GOD?
  • Will you accept the peace HE has for you this day?


No comments:

Post a Comment