Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Narrow Escapes are the Norm


Psalm 124:If the Lord had not been on our side—
    let Israel say—
if the Lord had not been on our side
    when people attacked us,
they would have swallowed us alive
    when their anger flared against us;
the flood would have engulfed us,
    the torrent would have swept over us,
the raging waters
    would have swept us away.
Praise be to the Lord,
    who has not let us be torn by their teeth.
We have escaped like a bird
    from the fowler’s snare;
the snare has been broken,
    and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

============

Like Hollywood I “woke up” just in the nick of time as I drove my car off the expressway and onto an exit ramp! Another time my friend and I made it onto the bus just in the nick of time, as a fight broke out amongst the thugs the driver closed the door behind us. A speeding car almost crashed into mine once.  I was told not to travel the week prior to every plane being grounded due to terrorist attacks. The list goes on and on.

  • People have said to me “You are lucky.”
  • People have said to me “You have skill.”
  • People have said to me “You must be living right.”


Life-threatening narrow escapes have happened to me many times throughout the years. Looking back, I don’t know that I have always been thankful.

  • GOD wants me to acknowledge that HE was the one who brought me through all of my troubles.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that only HE can protect me even in the direst situation.
  • GOD wants me to open my mouth and praise HIM for the way HE is handling things during my trials, not after.


I love what the writer says “Our hope is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Only HE can pull off safety and security. Nothing on this earth provides protection like GOD. HE breaks chains made by humans and enables freedom from traps.

  • Are you waiting on your escape?
  • Has it been prolonged?
  • Will you praise GOD for taking HIS time?
  • Can you recognize that GOD has given you your daily bread?
  • Will you look back on your life to remember the narrow escapes HE provided you?



No comments:

Post a Comment