Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Can’t We All Just Get Along!

Psalm 133:How good and pleasant it is
    when God’s people live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head,
    running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
    down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
    were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the Lord bestows his blessing,
    even life forevermore.

============

Dream Team was our nickname. I have only experienced it once. We had a very large assignment and each person had a role. One person brought in their talents and I brought mine. We worked hard together and we created one of the best things anyone had seen. It was innovative, fresh and exciting!

  • When I promote unity, a lot can get done.
  • When I promote unity, my defense becomes offense.
  • When I promote unity, I ask more questions rather than block negative comments.


In a world of dwindling unity I can get discouraged. I mean at one time communities of people would pull together in adversarial times, now it seems that if I am not the right “label” then I will not fit in. GOD says to act different.

  • GOD wants me to act with unity no matter if those around me are not.
  • GOD wants me to act with unity encouraging people and building them up.
  • GOD wants me to act with unity showing people what “can” happen if we work together.


Blessings flow to those who can cross many boundaries with unity. GOD wants me to see more than my block or my city or even my country. HE wants me to see that every human should have a single goal, namely to praise JESUS who died for all of us. As I have said many times, “We are all in the mud, throwing mud at each other saying you have mud on your face.”

GOD wants me to put down my mud, wash my hands with the cleansing sacrificed blood of JESUS the living CHRIST, and reach out to help people out of the mud. We should all act as if JESUS’ return is imminent. Unity is the key to blessings so HE wants me to be the first to reach out my hand.

  • Are you at odds with “those” people?
  • Do you feel “they” caused you problems?
  • Will you stop pursuing to be in power and start seeking how to put GOD in power?
  • Will you drop your slanderous words and speak only about yourself?
  • Can you start acting with unity today and not hold back great plans, even from the thief



No comments:

Post a Comment