Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Keep it Fresh


Psalm 149:Praise the Lord.
Sing to the Lord a new song,
    his praise in the assembly of his faithful people.

============

“Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see GOD” was the verse I chose to “say grace” over my food. My parents thought it would be a good idea if me and my siblings learned and said scripture. It was cool at a young age to recite these words, but soon they became common. I mean, I would smell dinner cooking and think to myself, “Can’t we just dive in?” I would whip through my verse without thought of its words or thanks for the food or anyone in the room.

  • Sometimes I look at prayer as a habit.
  • Sometimes I look at the Bible out of habit.
  • Sometimes I say scripture out of habit.


After a while I forgot about the newness of learning and simply spit out what little I knew as if to say “my job is done here, nothing more to see.” BUT GOD deserves a whole lot more.

  • GOD doesn’t demand that I recite scripture, but loves when I learn about HIM.
  • GOD doesn’t want me to be a parrot reciting scripture, HE wants my heart to be filled with HIS.
  • GOD doesn’t force me to keep learning about HIM but loves when I seek HIS face more and more.


Singing a new song to GOD means seeing something new and wonderful about HIM daily. GOD makes the day fresh and new. HE blesses those who seek HIM and HE never gives up on anyone. I must seek GOD’s face daily and praise HIM for the new things HE has done.

  • Are you following GOD out of habit?
  • Has your relationship with HIM grown old and stale?
  • Can you look to see what HE is doing for you and praise HIM? 


No comments:

Post a Comment