Monday, September 14, 2015

Special People have a Place


Psalm 140: 12 I know that the Lord secures justice for the poor
    and upholds the cause of the needy.
13 Surely the righteous will praise your name,
    and the upright will live in your presence.

============

“I’m going to teach these people” was my attitude in preparing for my trip from the city I stayed in. When I arrived in the rural area, I noticed the people had the clothes on their back and not much else. They started singing to an out of tune guitar and homemade drums. Their dancing was infectious and praise was deeply felt. My attitude changed from being the teacher to needing to be taught.

  • Sometimes my position blinds me to my own needs.
  • Sometimes my wealth blinds me to my own growth.
  • Sometimes my title blinds me to my own areas where I need help.


“The Poor” and “The Needy” are usually people I go to, but what happens when I am “The Poor” and “The Needy”? Does my arrogant statement still apply? The people sung and danced without thought of getting something tomorrow. They had nothing and praised more than I ever did. At the time I had a video camera around my neck and other gadgets to provide “comfort” for myself. I then realized my praise towards GOD was only based on what HE had done for me lately.

  • GOD wants me to praise HIM in bad times and good times.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face no matter what I am going through.
  • GOD wants me to never give up on HIM because HE never gives up on me.


The LORD secures justice for me. When GOD says to me “Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven” HE is telling me to throw away pride, arrogance and self-promotion. GOD wants me to worship HIM in spirit and truth. HE upholds my causes and I will praise HIS name!

  • Are you actively seeking those who are in need?
  • Are you in need and feel left out?
  • Will you put your trust in GOD knowing HE is actively pursuing you?
  • Will you praise GOD today without expectations?  


No comments:

Post a Comment