Friday, October 23, 2015

Plans for Success

Proverbs 16: To humans belong the plans of the heart,
    but from the Lord comes the proper answer of the tongue.
All a person’s ways seem pure to them,
    but motives are weighed by the Lord.
Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
    and he will establish your plans.

============

Seated by last name I would most times end up in the back of the class. I was labeled as “The Professor” and my neighbors spied my tests with gaping eyes. One day, the teacher moved me next to the “smartest” in the class. She naively left her test uncovered. “I wonder if I should copy a few answers from her test” ran through my mind.

  • Sometimes my plans were not pure.
  • Sometimes my plans were not based with the right motive.
  • Sometimes my plans were not innocent as they seemed.


Desire does not provide an excuse for me to do things the wrong way. I mean just because the road is hard doesn’t mean I should cut corners or slack in my plans. What should I do?

  • GOD says to me “I want to bless all of your plans so put them in front of ME first.”
  • GOD says to me “I can see your motives so I will bless your plans based on them.”
  • GOD says to me “Give me your desire and I will make your path straight.”


My plans may not have the right motive. Instead of asking GOD for clear sight to be able to copy from my neighbor’s test, I should ask for a clear mind to prepare me for my own. In my life, GOD has never given me an easy route. It seems like HE won’t allow me to prosper when I think about stealing, cheating, lying or cutting a corner.

GOD wants me to place my plans in front of HIM and no matter how hard the situation, believe HE will guide me through the difficulties. GOD will establish my plans as long as I give them to HIM.

  • Are you planning something?
  • Do you have a certain picture in your mind of how things should go?
  • Can you ask GOD if the way you are going is right?
  • Will you ask GOD for direction, resources and fortitude to continue?


No comments:

Post a Comment