Wednesday, October 21, 2015

When the Chips Fall

Proverbs 14: 32 When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down,
    but even in death the righteous seek refuge in God.

============

Exhausted was the only way I could describe this particular year. Two broken cars, failing grades, girlfriend trouble, and a job cleaning toilets. Some people said, “Let’s go hang out in another city.” I knew what “hang out” meant so I said “of course!”

  • When things got rough I sought relief.
  • When things got tough I sought an instant way out of the pain.
  • When things got harsh I sought a group who could make me laugh for only a moment.


We didn’t get into any wildness that weekend. Some would say it was fate. BUT GOD changed the circumstances such that we would not do anything outrageous. It was a much needed outing and I returned with my mind refreshed. During that time GOD actually said “I have a different way for you.”

  • GOD wants me to seek HIM when problems arise.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face when issues flow.
  • GOD wants me to seek the kingdom when troubles knock on my door.


Life is never guaranteed. One minute I have been on top and the next on the bottom. BUT GOD has shown me that HE is faithful no matter where I am. HE loves me dearly and protects me through trouble and pain. HE feels worse that I do when I hurt and wants me to see relief. No matter what I’m going through I seek GOD.

  • Are you seeking relief from your situation?
  • Have you sinned while seeking relief?
  • Will you allow GOD to clean up your mess?
  • Will you allow HIM to truly change your heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment