Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Giving Up


Proverbs 24:
Saying 25
10 If you falter in a time of trouble,
    how small is your strength!
11 Rescue those being led away to death;
    hold back those staggering toward slaughter.
12 If you say, “But we knew nothing about this,”
    does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?
Does not he who guards your life know it?
    Will he not repay everyone according to what they have done?

============

“This was the final straw” I said to myself. Tired of the nonsense that was happening around me, I decided that I had enough. I gave up on helping because I was making no headway at all. In fact it seemed quite the opposite.

  • Sometimes it seems like difficulties can throw me off.
  • There are times when trouble can feel overwhelming to me.
  • Sometimes I just feel like giving up when I am making no headway.


Quarrels and blame were the mode of operation and I truly got tired of being the self-appointed mediator. I said “What good is my help and it certainly doesn’t seem like GOD cares.” How incredibly wrong I was.

  • GOD said “I will be with you always” this means HE stays during times of trouble.
  • GOD said “Trouble you will have but I send a COMFORTER to you” meaning HE knows I will got through things so HE gave me protection.
  • GOD said “Have the faith of a mustard seed” meaning I must believe in HIM even if it is the tiniest belief.


Giving up is quite easy to do, BUT GOD says to me “stay in there and complete your work I have given to you.” HE wants me to continue what I’ve started and never give up.

  • Are you in trouble?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Can you look back on how GOD has rescued you in the past?
  • Will you allow HIM to take you “through” the trouble instead of around it?


No comments:

Post a Comment