Monday, November 16, 2015

Look at Past Successes

Ecclesiastes 1: What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
    “Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
    it was here before our time.

============

Green and “still wet behind the ears” is what they used to say about me. With no experience I would open my mouth to suggest something new that our group could do. One woman in particular would open her mouth at every suggestion I made and say “Been there, done that!.” I wanted to be included in the discussion but I ran into a brick wall.

  • There were times where I did not understand the past.
  • There were times where I took history for granted.
  • There were times where I detested looking back and I only looked forward.


“History repeats itself. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it” is what I gather from this passage. Without understanding the past, my ideas looked the same as past failures. What should I do?

  • GOD wants me to read HIS word to understand how to avoid calamity.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for direction so I can bring forth new ideas.
  • GOD wants me to study the fall of mankind so I can understand why I need salvation.


In order to be “successful” I must look at what made people fail. GOD says, pride, foolishness and perversions have caused the downfall of so many so HE laid out what it meant to become successful. HE said “Walk in fear of ME and all you do will be successful.” HE says “Do not be afraid.” HE also says “I will be with you.” All of these great statements are enough to make anyone successful.

  • Do you think you have a new idea?
  • Can you look back at the past and see how GOD delivered people rather than how “you” wish to be delivered?
  • Will you seek GOD’s face by studying why people have failed and fallen away from HIM?


No comments:

Post a Comment