Isaiah 4: 2 In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel. 3 Those who are left in Zion, who remain in Jerusalem, will be called holy, all who are recorded among the living in Jerusalem. 4 The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; he will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a spirit of judgment and a spirit of fire. 5 Then the Lord will create over all of Mount Zion and over those who assemble there a cloud of smoke by day and a glow of flaming fire by night; over everything the glory will be a canopy. 6 It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain.
As I looked at this passage this morning I noticed that I was left out. I’m not saying that I’m not included in the promises. I am saying I don’t have anything to do but sit here and watch.
- The LORD will be beautiful and glorious.
- The LORD will wash away the filth, HE will cleanse bloodstains.
- The LORD will create.
Sometimes I think GOD is just sitting around doing nothing but watching HIS experiment to see if I will make it out of the maze of life. As I sin, it equates to running into a wall and if I get lost it is similar to going into a dead end section of the maze. BUT GOD wants me to take off my blinders.
- GOD wants me to see only HIS glory so I won’t use my own.
- GOD wants me to see only HIS power so I won’t think I need any of mine.
- GOD wants me to see only HIS promises so I won’t get caught up pouting over what I don’t have.
Looking at GOD does not always mean looking at the answer guy who just sits and waits to fix my problems. HE is the way, the truth and the life. GOD is active in my life on a daily basis. Minute by minute HE is there. Sometimes I just need to see only HIM and nothing else.
- Can you look at GOD today?
- Will you seek only HIS face and try to please HIM?
- Will you ask HIM to show HIS might today?