Malachi 2: 4 And you will know that I have sent you this warning so that my covenant with Levi may continue,” says the Lord Almighty. 5 “My covenant was with him, a covenant of life and peace, and I gave them to him; this called for reverence and he revered me and stood in awe of my name. 6 True instruction was in his mouth and nothing false was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and turned many from sin.
“GOD, YOU are difficult to follow” was my thought. I mean all the rules and regulations! It sometimes seems like GOD wants me to fail! This could be farther from the truth!
- GOD simply wants me to revere HIM more than anything I place in front of HIM.
- GOD merely wants me to tell what HE says in HIS word, no matter how difficult the message.
- GOD just wants peace with me and has not called me to become JESUS, rather follow HIS example.
JESUS died for my sins and the sins of humanity. HE served HIS purpose and no one has to do this act again. BUT GOD wants me to have peace with HIM; this means following HIS ways the best I can. I will forget, I will disobey and I will flat out challenge and oppose GOD. BUT GOD is gentle and merciful enough to guide me back to HIM.
GOD wants people, all of us. HE wants me to show HIS loving ways so more people will drop their selfishness and turn to HIM. Levi and JESUS were great examples for me to follow.
- Are you following your own way?
- Are you tired of GOD’s rules?
- Can you stop looking at how many “rules” you are following and look at simply having peace with GOD?
- Will you look at GOD with reverent awe today?