Monday, February 1, 2016

A Praise Moment

Isaiah 25: Lord, you are my God;
    I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
    you have done wonderful things,
    things planned long ago.

-------

    he will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears
    from all faces;
he will remove his people’s disgrace
    from all the earth.
The Lord has spoken.

============

Standing in front of my clothes, my mind flipped between what to wear and the events of the day. It seemed like it took me an eternity to get dressed as I replayed my preparation. I jumped in the car and listened to voicemail all the way to work.

  • Sometimes I get very busy.
  • Sometimes my mind is full.
  • Sometimes I get so distracted that I cannot see what GOD is doing.


I don’t know if I took a moment to even notice GOD. AS I got closer and closer to work, I could feel the pressure build. How could I have peace?

  • GOD wants me to stop and take a moment to praise HIM, this way I acknowledge HE has the power to overcome my day.
  • GOD wants me to stop and take a moment to praise HIM, this way I can move away from my distractions and have peace.
  • GOD wants me to stop and take a moment to praise HIM because HE deserves to be praised!


GOD is not needy, HE is GOD.HE doesn’t beat me up when I do not praise HIM, but HE strengthens my relationship with HIM when I do. Praise is not because of the things I do, but because of who HE is. GOD rescued me time and time again. I have nothing but praise for HIM!

  • Can you stop and take a moment to praise GOD today?
  • Will you seek preach today by praising HIM without wanting something?
  • Can you open your mouth and audibly say “LORD I love you and I praise YOUR name and YOUR decisions today?”


No comments:

Post a Comment