Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bold and Daring Protection

Isaiah 27: In that day—
“Sing about a fruitful vineyard:
    I, the Lord, watch over it;
    I water it continually.
I guard it day and night
    so that no one may harm it.
    I am not angry.
If only there were briers and thorns confronting me!
    I would march against them in battle;
    I would set them all on fire.
Or else let them come to me for refuge;
    let them make peace with me,
    yes, let them make peace with me.”

============

Frustrated because of our tardiness, I sat trying to get into a better mood. The camper was broken “again” and we sat on the edge of the road. “This is a mission’s trip, for GOD’s sake! We can’t be late!” The driver said something strange “I don’t like these drivers, they could hit you.”

I wondered why he was not considering how we could get the camper fixed. After about forty five minutes the restless group left the camper after a round of murmured complaints. Suddenly a car seemed out of control headed towards us and, at the last second, gained control and barely missed us.

  • Sometimes I complain.
  • Sometimes I murmur.
  • Sometimes I get frustrated that I am not getting my way at the time I want it.


GOD saved us in spite of our complaints and we had to pray for forgiveness and protection. I mean my mind was not on GOD but on blaming the driver for not being prepared and blaming the pastor for putting me in the slowest most broken down vehicle. My mindset was not on fruit and GOD showed me HE expects different.

  • GOD said to me “I want your entire mind and soul.”
  • GOD said to me “I want to be first in your life, no matter what the circumstance.”
  • GOD said to me “I will watch over you as you attempt to bear fruit.”


We made it safely to our destination and the trip was very fruitful. GOD protected us during more car mishaps. We even got lost for four hours, but that is another story! GOD’s methodology was extremely strange, but effective. HE was able to tear through my rotten core to see that I was the one who needed to change. GOD protected me.

  • Are you complaining?
  • Do you have a problem with someone?
  • Can you stop and look to GOD to be your refuge?
  • Will you stop fighting and start believing?


No comments:

Post a Comment