Isaiah 38: 4 Then the word of the Lord came to Isaiah: 5 “Go and tell Hezekiah, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will add fifteen years to your life. 6 And I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria. I will defend this city.
7 “‘This is the Lord’s sign to you that the Lord will do what he has promised: 8 I will make the shadow cast by the sun go back the ten steps it has gone down on the stairway of Ahaz.’” So the sunlight went back the ten steps it had gone down.
“What would you do if you only had two weeks to live?” were the words of the speaker at a conference I attended. Would you have “that” argument? Would you work as hard as you are working? Would you worry about what you are worrying about? All of these poignant questions got to me.
- Sometimes I get caught up in the speed of life.
- Sometimes I think I will live on this earth forever.
- Sometimes I think I have plenty of time so I can do “it” later.
After that conference I had to ponder, am I living my life with purpose? I mean work certainly got the bulk of my time. Was I providing poison or fruit to people? Hezekiah was going to die, BUT GOD told him he had fifteen more years to live. What would I do in this situation?
- GOD wants me to live an abundant life.
- GOD wants me to focus on HIM as much as I can during the time I am living.
- GOD wants me to speak of life not death.
Why waste time speaking about negative things? There is only so much time in a given day and I have a choice. I can speak of death or I can speak of life. Death could equal bragging about money and clothes that rot, rust or moths eat. Life equals speaking about how GOD chose me in the middle of my sins, died because of my sins and has forgiven me of all my sins.
I can speak about “that” person in a poisonous way or I can pray they receive life and that GOD forgives me for thinking they need prayer.
- What would you do if you only had two weeks to live?
- Would you have “that” argument?
- Would your words be poison or fruit?
- Why not change your life and live as if you only had two weeks to live?
- Can you speak more about GOD and less about your problems?