Isaiah 37: 14 Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the Lord and spread it out before the Lord. 15 And Hezekiah prayed to the Lord: 16 “Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth. 17 Give ear, Lord, and hear; open your eyes, Lord, and see; listen to all the words Sennacherib has sent to ridicule the living God.
“Impossible” is what I felt when I tried to button my shirt on my own. It seemed like the buttons would never line up. I eventually learned. “Impossible” is the same feeling I felt when it came to getting into the high school I attended because it required a test. I passed. I started accomplishing more and more. Soon “I” was the one who could accomplish bigger and bigger things. But after a while some of the big things became BIG things that I could not handle on my own. What was I to do?
- Sometimes the problems I face seem to be insurmountable.
- Sometimes the situations I am in seem to be overwhelming.
- Sometimes the battles I am in seem to be a losing effort.
There are times in which I see the odds and they do not look good at all. I mean look at “insert problem”, it is huge! When I look at the problem a little longer I get worried and scared. Then the problem turns from big to BIG!
- GOD says to me “Bring your problems to ME because I can handle them.”
- GOD says to me “Spread your problems out before the LORD your GOD and acknowledge MY power.”
- GOD says to me “I AM the one who holds everything in MY hands, I will deliver you as I promised.”
The reason GOD “can” make a promise is because HE is the only one who can keep a promise without failure. GOD’s strength is impossible to move and HE alone is GOD over all the kingdoms of the earth. Whenever I have a problem, the first place for me to run is to HIM. HE has the right to chasten me, pick me up and deliver me from insurmountable odds within the same movement.
GOD hears and sees all of those who are against HIM and HE protects me daily!
- Are you in a huge battle?
- Do you feel that the odds are against you?
- Will you step back and spread your problems out before the LORD?
- Will you allow HIM to thoroughly change the situation that is out of your power?