Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Overcoming the Unknown

Isaiah 42: 16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
    along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
    and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
    I will not forsake them.
17 But those who trust in idols,
    who say to images, ‘You are our gods,’
    will be turned back in utter shame.

============

Scared was my first memory of school as my mother let go of my hand in preschool. Frightened was my first thought as I rode multiple busses to high school. Fearful was my first reaction as my father gave a driving lesson. Worried was my first thought as I ventured into the unknown after a long and glorious career.

  • Sometimes the unknown can be scary.
  • Sometimes the unknown can be frightening.
  • Sometimes the unknown can be dark and rough.


Whenever I was frightened or worried or fearful I could not enjoy the moment. I turned good situations into bad and soon I was on a path of destruction. I mean if I never got over the stifling fear of the unknown then I could not get settled enough to enjoy my surroundings. How can I get over this?

  • GOD says to me “I will lead the blind by ways they have not known” which means HIS knowledge will be imparted to me.
  • GOD says to me “I will turn the darkness into light before them” meaning HE is the way the truth and the light for my path.
  • GOD says to me “I will not forsake them” which means HE is the only one powerful enough to keep promises.


GOD knows I can get scared of the unknown. HE is not mad at me for being worried. HE knows I am blind and reaches out to grab my hand and lead me besides still waters and restores my soul. As long as I let HIM lead me, I will be just fine!

  • Are you scared?
  • Are you worried?
  • Does the way you are going seem dark and mysterious?
  • Can you allow GOD to lead you?
  • Will you put your total trust in HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment