Thursday, February 4, 2016

Time to Grow


Isaiah 28: 16 So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
“See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone,
    a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation;
the one who relies on it
    will never be stricken with panic.
-------
23 Listen and hear my voice;
    pay attention and hear what I say.
24 When a farmer plows for planting, does he plow continually?
    Does he keep on breaking up and working the soil?
25 When he has leveled the surface,
    does he not sow caraway and scatter cumin?
Does he not plant wheat in its place,
    barley in its plot,
    and spelt in its field?
26 His God instructs him
    and teaches him the right way.
-------

29 All this also comes from the Lord Almighty,
    whose plan is wonderful,
    whose wisdom is magnificent.

============

It didn’t hit me until I was driving and the radio station faded out. The morning sun was shining in my face and I was headed to my new residence with bright aspirations. I finally realized this is not a drill. I was now about to embark on my career journey. Was I ready? Did I know enough? What if I fail?

  • There are times when I get nervous.
  • There are times when I am stricken with panic.
  • There are times when I have fear that causes me to race around lose sleep.


Being unsure of myself has popped in and out of my life numerous times. Sometimes I look at my abilities and shutter. Can I do the thing that I am facing?

  • GOD says to me “I have laid a precious tested, cornerstone as your foundation.”
  • GOD says to me “I will be your instructor and teach you the right way.”
  • GOD says to me “I have a wonderful plan for you.”


I should be unsure of myself because in life I am way in over my head. BUT GOD has “magnificent wisdom” and a “wonderful plan” for me. I must place my trust in HIS strength and let HIM fight my battles. HE is the one who prepares me and HE is the one who tells me when I am ready to grow. HE wants me to turn from preparation and go into planting seeds of encouragement. GOD is truly magnificent!

  • Are you nervous about your abilities?
  • Are you scared to try something new and more difficult?
  • Can you stop relying on your abilities and start relying on GOD’s “precious and tested” foundation?
  • Will you believe that HE has a better plan for you than your plan?



No comments:

Post a Comment