Tuesday, April 12, 2016

But GOD

Jeremiah 10: 10 But the Lord is the true God;
    he is the living God, the eternal King.
When he is angry, the earth trembles;
    the nations cannot endure his wrath.
11 “Tell them this: ‘These gods, who did not make the heavens and the earth, will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.’”
12 But God made the earth by his power;
    he founded the world by his wisdom
    and stretched out the heavens by his understanding.
13 When he thunders, the waters in the heavens roar;
    he makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth.
He sends lightning with the rain
    and brings out the wind from his storehouses.

============

Opening up a fortune cookie, I eagerly awaited the futuristic message. Disappointed by the vague contents, I shunned their predictive qualities. I turned to the newspaper where I would, on occasion, read my horoscope. Once it said “I would meet someone who traveled far.” I did! The person I met traveled all the way from 138th street. That was pretty far!

  • There have been times in my life that I sought messages about my future.
  • There have been times I wanted to know what would happen to me.
  • There have been times when I sought any little message about what was going to happen next.


I have no idea why I was so curious about the future. I still am to this day. I love reading about what will happen next. The problem is, I was reading predictions made by those who have no idea about what will happen next. Vague empty words leave the masses guessing in their application. Some people make the words apply as if they had mystical qualities. But none of these match GOD.

  • BUT the LORD is the true GOD; HE is the living GOD, the eternal King.
  • BUT GOD made the earth by HIS power; HE founded the world by HIS wisdom.
  • BUT GOD stretched out the heavens by HIS understanding.


No idol, trinket, bead, symbol or empty word can replace GOD. Anything made by human hands has no value when compared to GOD. HE is the only one who can make the earth tremble and the waters roar. No one can withstand HIS wrath, yet everyone is invited to HIS love. GOD’s immense power is peacefully controlled to love even me.

  • What are you seeking as a sign?
  • Do you put your trust in bank accounts, motivational speakers or some shrine you bow down to?
  • Can you place your trust in the one living and true GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment