Jeremiah 19: This is what the Lord says: “Go and buy a clay jar from a potter. Take along some of the elders of the people and of the priests 2 and go out to the Valley of Ben Hinnom, near the entrance of the Potsherd Gate. There proclaim the words I tell you, 3 and say, ‘Hear the word of the Lord, you kings of Judah and people of Jerusalem. This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: Listen! I am going to bring a disaster on this place that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle. 4 For they have forsaken me and made this a place of foreign gods; they have burned incense in it to gods that neither they nor their ancestors nor the kings of Judah ever knew, and they have filled this place with the blood of the innocent.
“Thou shalt not have any god before ME” are the words spoken by GOD that are seldom spoken today. I mean, I have to go to work and that is where I get “my” money, right? I may not have as much time for going to church and GOD forbid helping others. I also may have so much money that I have to protect it by placing it in shelters reducing tax liabilities. I mean, I have to save for retirement, right? I may not have as much money to give to others because “mine” is tied up.
- Many times I have placed something over GOD.
- Many times I have looked somewhere else for the answer instead of GOD.
- Many times I have been blind, thinking my bank account is what will save me rather than GOD.
Like the ancestors of old, I murmured in the desert while GOD was protecting me and teaching me. HE delivered me from the modern day “Egypt” and sent me on a quest to seek HIM. HE showed me that complaints were quite painful to HIM and HE does not have tolerance for them too long. I had to grow up and hear GOD.
- GOD said to me “I AM the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last.”
- GOD said to me “I AM the gate, no one enters Heave but through ME.”
- GOD said to me “I AM the bread of life and I AM the light of the world.”
GOD clearly wants me to know that HE is the only provider. As humans attempt to rob, steal and kill me and those around me, GOD wants me to stand firm on HIS word, trusting and believing in HIS mighty power. HE does not want to hear a complaint about someone else from my lips, otherwise I am acting like the Accuser. GOD wants me to praise HIM no matter the circumstance. My worship should be to HIM.
- Are you worshipping your job?
- Do you worship your bank account, no matter how small it is?
- Are you devastated when you lose either?
- Can you allow GOD to have all that you have?
- Will you let GOD reign supreme in your life?