Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Because You Trust


Jeremiah 39: 15 While Jeremiah had been confined in the courtyard of the guard, the word of the Lord came to him: 16 “Go and tell Ebed-Melek the Cushite, ‘This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says: I am about to fulfill my words against this city—words concerning disaster, not prosperity. At that time they will be fulfilled before your eyes. 17 But I will rescue you on that day, declares the Lord; you will not be given into the hands of those you fear. 18 I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life, because you trust in me, declares the Lord.’”

============

Nervous about what I was trying to accomplish I tried to move ahead, but something kept coming up. Each time I tried to put one step forward, something would come up and it seemed like I was just standing still. “How am I supposed to do this?” I exclaimed. I mean it seemed like I was facing nothing but opposition.

  • Sometimes I cannot see my way out of the situation.
  • Sometimes the situation seems so bleak that I cannot fix it or even dream of a solution.
  • Sometimes the odds seem so overwhelming that I cannot even think I could get myself out of it.


Many times I have faced something that seemed so overwhelming that I felt like just giving up. “Why continue” or “Why try” would be the words of despair that I was tempted to believe in.BUT GOD had other words for me.

  • GOD says to me “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding.”
  • GOD says to me “Trust and obey and you will live long and prosper.”
  • GOD says to me I will save you because you trust in ME.”


Trust is different than faith. I mean it takes faith in order to “trust” GOD. It means I look to GOD for the truth, for HIS direction, for HIS way instead of mine. Trust means I don’t listen to myself rather I look to GOD’s word for the correct answer. When GOD says something I can trust that it will most definitely, exactly, positively come true. When HE says HE is always with me, I can “always” trust that HE “is” there, for HE has never let me down.

  • Where are you looking for your answers?
  • Do you trust GOD or are you following your own instincts?
  • Will you start putting your trust in GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment