Jeremiah 36: 25 Even though Elnathan, Delaiah and Gemariah urged the king not to burn the scroll, he would not listen to them. 26 Instead, the king commanded Jerahmeel, a son of the king, Seraiah son of Azriel and Shelemiah son of Abdeel to arrest Baruch the scribe and Jeremiah the prophet. But the Lord had hidden them.
Warnings of proselytizing were harsh before our trip. “You can be arrested if you tell people about CHRIST” they warned us. BUT GOD was merciful. HE led people to us and we could talk about our beliefs. One person asked me about what holidays I celebrated. “I celebrate birthdays, New Years and Christmas” was the reply. We got into a wonderful conversation and I was blessed to be able to share CHRIST to a few people on that trip.
- There are places in the world where following GOD is difficult.
- There are places in the world where just the mere mention of GOD would have me jailed.
- There are places in the world where people are oppressed because of their belief in GOD.
With a heavy heart I look across the world and see leaders of nations who turn their backs to GOD. This seems like a difficult problem, BUT GOD does not have fear.
- GOD wants me to preach about HIS SON no matter where I am sent.
- GOD wants me to be bold yet wise in my discussion about HIS SON.
- GOD wants me to know that HE is with me, protecting me and leading me to tell others about HIS SON.
It is quite scary to face jail or death and my heart goes out to those brave enough to stand firm on their beliefs in CHRIST. These people are not arguing over buildings, hymnals, types of songs or why “that” person got picked to run the church fashion show. They stand firm on their beliefs and face death every day. I pray for GOD’s protection over those bold enough to preach about JESUS boldly.
- Are you being oppressed because of your beliefs?
- Do you face difficulty because you are trying to tell people about GOD’s love and mercy?
- Can you keep on going and know your efforts are needed and heard?
- Will you continue to have faith in GOD and know HE will continue to protect you?
In memory of Uncle Shelby Moore