Jeremiah 37: 2 Neither he nor his attendants nor the people of the land paid any attention to the words the Lord had spoken through Jeremiah the prophet.
3 King Zedekiah, however, sent Jehukal son of Shelemiah with the priest Zephaniah son of Maaseiah to Jeremiah the prophet with this message: “Please pray to the Lord our God for us.”
“Why would anyone go to this church?” I said to myself. As I complained about the same folks who would stand and holler and the same folks who would shout amen at just the right time as if on cue, something happened. Someone broke into my car, meanwhile some crazy misdirected bill came from nowhere and I had pains in my chest. I wonder if the people at church would pray for me.
- There have been times when I have not followed GOD but needed prayer.
- There have been times when I thought GOD and HIS church were made for me.
- There have been times when I thought I could selectively listen to the Bible or preachers.
Looking back I can see my immaturity in my relationship with GOD. I wanted to go to a church that said what I wanted to hear, meet when I wanted to meet and sing what I wanted to hear. I did not want to serve rather be served and did not want to be bored with lists of names and words of repentance. I only wanted blessing without changing my ways. BUT GOD wanted more from me.
- GOD wants a spiritual relationship with me, that is why HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me upon believing in HIS death and resurrection.
- GOD wants a truthful relationship with me, that is why I should confess when I sin so I can acknowledge my need for HIM.
- GOD wants a real relationship with me, that is why I have to get to know HIM.
Prayer is only as powerful as my faith. Faith is only as powerful as my belief. Belief is only as powerful as my trust. If I do not trust GOD then my belief, faith and prayer fall to the wayside. I want a real relationship with GOD which means I need to get to know HIS heart. Why does HE feel the way HE feels about me? I should find out “What does HE want” instead of always asking HIM for my way. GOD wants me to have a relationship with HIM through JESUS, and then my prayers will be heard.
- Do you feel your prayers are not heard?
- Are you still living in your own way?
- Will you ask GOD what does HE want from you today?
- Will you turn to HIM and trust the path HE has you on?