Jeremiah 42: Then all the army officers, including Johanan son of Kareah and Jezaniah son of Hoshaiah, and all the people from the least to the greatest approached 2 Jeremiah the prophet and said to him, “Please hear our petition and pray to the Lord your God for this entire remnant. For as you now see, though we were once many, now only a few are left. 3 Pray that the Lord your God will tell us where we should go and what we should do.”
4 “I have heard you,” replied Jeremiah the prophet. “I will certainly pray to the Lord your God as you have requested; I will tell you everything the Lord says and will keep nothing back from you.”
5 Then they said to Jeremiah, “May the Lord be a true and faithful witness against us if we do not act in accordance with everything the Lord your God sends you to tell us. 6 Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, we will obey the Lord our God, to whom we are sending you, so that it will go well with us, for we will obey the Lord our God.”
Tired of all of the issues I finally said “GOD, YOU win!” I was finally too tired to fight HIM and it seemed like I was not going to get my way anyway. The more I tried to do things on my own, the worse things got.
- There are times when I think I can solve my own problems.
- There are times when I think I have it within myself to come up with a solution.
- There are times when I think I can face any situation and hit it head on with my own strength.
In this world of “individualism” I was king. I mean I was great at not needing anyone and groused at those who did. BUT GOD took me through many situations that had me turn back to HIM. Things were falling apart left and right and eventually I had no place to turn. “GOD help me” was my cry.
- When I cry out to GOD, HE always answers.
- When I say the name of JESUS, HE always comes through.
- When I place my worries, sins, doubts and fears in front of GOD, HE always takes care of me.
There is one caveat that HE wants me to do. When I do turn my face back to HIM, HE does not want me to turn away from HIM again. HE desires that I live a life that is obedient to HIM whether HIS answer is favorable or unfavorable. HE wants full rights to my life and I must give HIM full praise. Ever since I realized this, all has gone very well.
- Are you nervous about something?
- Do you seem worried?
- Can you stop worrying for moment and ask yourself “Why do I not trust GOD?”
- What are you fighting GOD about?
- Will you stop being exhausted by trying to steer GOD and ask HIM for HIS favorable or unfavorable direction?