Ezekiel 11: 19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. 20 Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.
When the storm of life hit me again I started praying more and attending church more. When the storm subsided, so did my prayer and church attendance. I figured “GOD won’t mind.” I mean I am not doing anything “bad” I am simply too busy for church right now.
- Sometimes my heart is divided between world and GOD.
- Sometimes my heart is as hard as a rock and I cannot hear GOD.
- Sometimes my heart is not focused on following GOD because I followed HIM yesterday and that should be sufficient.
Having a divided, stony selfish heart keeps me from reaching my true destiny namely being related to GOD. Doublemindedness and lukewarm behavior are things GOD despises. HE does not want me to dwell on the fence and pander to groups who will never follow HIM. GOD wants me to be different but how can I change?
- GOD said to me “I will give you an undivided heart.”
- GOD said to me “I will remove your stony heart and give you a heart of flesh.”
- GOD said to me “I will be your GOD.”
In every one of those statements GOD said “I will.” This means I do not have to do anything but be willing to let HIM do what HE has to do. I do not have to be better than the “that” good person over there rather I need to simply allow HIM to modify my heart the way HE wants to.
Following GOD on my own is extremely hard. I mean all the reading, studying, praying and believing can be exhausting! BUT GOD makes following HIM easier when HE places HIS SPIRIT inside me. HE renews my strength daily and tells me to let HIM do the work while I watch HIM. I can truly praise HIM for who HE is.
- Do you think you need to clean yourself up?
- Do you feel obligated to “do” more for GOD instead of just “being” for GOD?
- Can you allow HIM to change you divided heart?
- Will you let GOD remove your stony heart and replace it with a heart of flesh?
- Will you let HIM place a new SPIRIT in you today?