Ezekiel 16: 62 So I will establish my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the Lord. 63 Then, when I make atonement for you for all you have done, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth because of your humiliation, declares the Sovereign Lord.
Phone call after phone call made the day seem full of energy. I could handle it because my lavish company car had the first “hands free” gadget on the market. As I zipped along, dishing out advice I could feel the power of “my” title. When the title was stripped away along with the car, I felt a loss of self-worth. I was ashamed and humiliated.
- There have been many times I have placed my self-worth in the wrong places.
- There have been many times I have desired to be worth something to the wrong people.
- There have been many times I have casted my pearls before swine in order to feel like something.
Making it to the top made the fall even further. I mean for a while I receive no phone calls and I as the one who sought after advice. Wandering and pleading was new for me, but after a while I got used to the new desert location. I could hear GOD for a change rather than the incessant ringing of my phone.
- GOD said to me “I will establish MY covenant with you.”
- GOD said to me “I will enable you to know that I AM the LORD.”
- GOD said to me “I will make atonement for you and all you have done and you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth because of your humiliation.”
Boasting about wealth and title soon disappeared. After a while I found myself speaking again, this time it was for something extremely valuable, namely the LORD. HE restored me to speak on HIS behalf and enable me to talk about HIS SON to those HE sent me. GOD made atonement for my blindness through the death burial and resurrection of the living JESUS. I am indebted to HIM.
- Are you ashamed about where you are?
- Are you demands not being met?
- Can you stop demanding and start confessing to the LORD?
- Will you change your ways and turn your words into GOD’s words?