Ezekiel 8: 3 He stretched out what looked like a hand and took me by the hair of my head. The Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven and in visions of God he took me to Jerusalem, to the entrance of the north gate of the inner court, where the idol that provokes to jealousy stood. 4 And there before me was the glory of the God of Israel, as in the vision I had seen in the plain.
5 Then he said to me, “Son of man, look toward the north.” So I looked, and in the entrance north of the gate of the altar I saw this idol of jealousy.
“This guy really bugs me” I thought to myself. I mean he is loved by management and he never seems to have to do any work. He was always going out to lunch with them and they seemed to work his name into conversations I was having with them.
- Sometimes I get jealous of what someone has.
- Sometimes I get jealous of the position someone else is placed in.
- Sometimes I get jealous of someone else’s success.
When they asked me to help this guy, I dragged my feet. I mean “you are the darling, do it yourself” I thought. Little did I know, management was trying to bring me into the fold. They wanted me to get along with this guy and all I had to do was help him. My jealousy blinded me and everyone lost.
- GOD says to me “I detest jealousy but I love a helping heart.”
- GOD says to me “I cannot stand jealousy but I love self-sacrifice.”
- GOD says to me “I loathe jealousy but I love kindness, thoughtfulness and gracefulness.”
Appreciation cannot exist when jealousy is present. Jealousy says to GOD, “YOU did not put me in the right place or YOU did not make me correctly or even worse YOU made that person better than me, do something about it.” Looking at someone else is the problem. My relationship should only be between me and GOD. In other words I should focus on doing what pleases HIM and let HIM handle the affairs of others.
Satan was jealous of GOD’s position and GOD kicked him out of heaven. When I show jealousy I am reminding GOD of a part of Satan HE despises. Pride stems from jealousy which causes missed opportunities for love, peace and enjoyment. GOD wants me to give my jealousy to HIM.
- Are you jealous of someone?
- Do you see what someone has and feel like you want that?
- Can you take your jealous desires to GOD and ask HIM what HE wants for you?
- Will you look at the benefits of that person instead of what you are jealous over?
- Will you fill your heart with appreciation today?