Ezekiel 15: The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, how is the wood of a vine different from that of a branch from any of the trees in the forest? 3 Is wood ever taken from it to make anything useful? Do they make pegs from it to hang things on? 4 And after it is thrown on the fire as fuel and the fire burns both ends and chars the middle, is it then useful for anything? 5 If it was not useful for anything when it was whole, how much less can it be made into something useful when the fire has burned it and it is charred?
With lack of care, I tossed the box of paper to whatever location it landed. I did not appreciate the job, but I liked getting a paycheck. Loading and unloading a truck was not my idea of a job. In fact any job at that time was not my idea of a job.
- There were times that I did not care.
- There were times that I felt everyone owed me something.
- There were times that I looked down on where I was even when I was not worthy of being where I was.
Talk about being useless to the organization. I wanted to hide from “work” as much as possible. In fact, whenever someone was ready to goof off, I was there with my goof shoes on. I was getting paid to unload trucks and did not appreciate one minute. GOD had to show me something about myself.
- GOD said to me “Like a door on its hinges, a lazy man turns back and forth on his bed.”
- GOD said to me “Lazy people are too lazy to lift the food from their plate to their mouth.”
- GOD said to me “Lazy people think they are seven times smarter than the people who really have good sense.”
My laziness was useless to the company and sometimes my laziness crept into my relationship with GOD. I mean sometimes I was too tired to pray or too busy to serve or too broke to give. After a while I took an inventory and was doing everything for myself and nothing for GOD. In fact, GOD was dead last in my life and I was on top.
GOD wants me to put HIM first and others second before I get to myself. HE wants me to hold HIM with the highest regard and ask “What would YOU like me to do?” on a regular basis. My life is definitely HIS to do as HE wishes. I should be thankful on a daily basis.
- Are you grousing and complaining?
- Are you sick and tired of where you are?
- Can you stop complaining and start appreciating where GOD has you?
- Will you allow GOD to work in your life by asking HIM where HE wants you?