Thursday, August 25, 2016

Being Restored

Ezekiel 43: 25 “For seven days you are to provide a male goat daily for a sin offering; you are also to provide a young bull and a ram from the flock, both without defect. 26 For seven days they are to make atonement for the altar and cleanse it; thus they will dedicate it. 27 At the end of these days, from the eighth day on, the priests are to present your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings on the altar. Then I will accept you, declares the Sovereign Lord.”

============

As I pondered this chapter and a few others, I see the exactness of GOD and HIS desire for strict obedience towards HIS laws. But sometimes it seems quite opposite in my life. I mean when GOD says don’t do something, I think “Wow, it sure would be great to do the thing HE just said not to do!”

  • GOD gave me HIS SON for atonement for my sins.
  • GOD sent me HIS HOLY SPIRIT to live in me and guide me.
  • GOD rescued me from sin offerings and became one HIMSELF.


When I imagined the enormity of killing a significant portion of the countries food and sacrificing it to GOD, I gasped. HE made those who had already been in exile do more, as if exile wasn’t enough. HE illustrated how angry HE had become with the sins of the nation and decided to not wipe them off the face of the planet rather to restore them with a little sacrifice to keep them thinking about HIM.

I believe GOD has not changed, though humans have. We do not sacrifice bulls or goats because the SON was the ultimate sacrifice. BUT I still need to admit sin as much as often as I can in order to remain in a place where I recognize the need for GOD.

  • Are you in a place where you cannot see or hear GOD?
  • Do you feel like you are on the outside of GOD rather than being in HIS love and care?
  • Can you confess your deepest sins to HIM and allow HIM to guide you to where HE wants you to be?


No comments:

Post a Comment