Monday, August 15, 2016

Thoroughly Protected


Ezekiel 35: 12 Then you will know that I the Lord have heard all the contemptible things you have said against the mountains of Israel. You said, “They have been laid waste and have been given over to us to devour.” 13 You boasted against me and spoke against me without restraint, and I heard it. 14 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: While the whole earth rejoices, I will make you desolate.

============

We split up and ran in different directions to divide the would-be robbers. When I felt the coast was clear, I went back to the grocery store looking for my friend. As I walked into the store one of the detectives summoned me over. “Is he one of them?” he asked my friend. “No, he was the one I told you about who was being chased with me. He is my friend.” I never felt more relieved because they did catch the thugs and drove us home.

  • Some people thought I was down and tried to kick me.
  • Some people thought I was an easy target, and I was.
  • Some people thought I could be taken advantage of and they were right.


We were outnumbered five to two. They even yelled out “Shoot them!” thinking that would stop our mad dash. The odds did not seem in our favor. BUT GOD said something different.

  • GOD said “I have heard all the contemptible things” meaning HE is listening to those plotting against me.
  • GOD said “You boasted against ME and spoke against ME without restraint and I heard it” meaning HE listens to those who think they do not need HIM and who are against those HE protects.
  • GOD said “I AM the Sovereign LORD, I will make you desolate” meaning HE is going to take down those who try to harm me.


GOD provides special protection for those who HE gives a purpose. I did not know it at the time, but HE protected me through many other similar incidents. As I look back through all the times I needed protection, I cannot help but think “Why me?” GOD says to me “Because I want you to tell people about MY SON.”

GOD’s protection should never be wasted. HE protects me in order for me to spread the Good News about HIS SON.’’

  • Are you scared?
  • Are you full of fear?
  • Can you let go of the situation ling enough to give it over to GOD and watch HIS deliverance?
  • Will you walk in HIS strength and protection today?



No comments:

Post a Comment