Daniel 11: 33 “Those who are wise will instruct many, though for a time they will fall by the sword or be burned or captured or plundered. 34 When they fall, they will receive a little help, and many who are not sincere will join them. 35 Some of the wise will stumble, so that they may be refined, purified and made spotless until the time of the end, for it will still come at the appointed time.
Pulling up on furniture enabled me to walk as a toddler, but of course I fell only to try again. Riding near grass was my plan anticipating the inevitable fall as I learned how to ride my bike; of course I fell only to try again. Observing others, driving slow and practicing was my plan, but when I had my first accident, I learned to watch my blind spot so I had to try again.
- There have been times in my life when I have fallen down hard.
- There have been times in my life when I have crashed to the ground.
- There have been times in my life when I have stumbled.
Sometimes I felt like staying down. I mean, what is the purpose of getting back up when I could be knocked back down? What’s the purpose of falling down anyway? Can’t I just stay up all the time?
- GOD says to me “I WILL be with you when you fall.”
- GOD says to me “In your weakness MY strength shines bright.”
- GOD says to me “You will have sin, but MY faith is everlasting.”
Stumbling and falling are not meant to crush my spirit. Quite the contrary, GOD wants me to recognize my need for HIM. HE allows me to stumble and fall and tumble down to the ground only to reach HIS mighty hand out to pick me up again and again. After the fall I rise with HIS help, this time a little wiser and stronger.
GOD purifies me and makes me spotless with each fall. HE wants me to get back up and endure the race called life.
- Have you stumbled in life?
- Have you fallen to the point where you do not feel like getting back up?
- Can you see that GOD needs you to get back up so you can reach “that” person HE has appointed to you?
- Will you ask GOD to give you strength today?