Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Response to the Plea

Hosea 2: 21 “In that day I will respond,”
    declares the Lord
“I will respond to the skies,
    and they will respond to the earth;
22 and the earth will respond to the grain,
    the new wine and the olive oil,
    and they will respond to Jezreel.
23 I will plant her for myself in the land;
    I will show my love to the one I called ‘Not my loved one.’
I will say to those called ‘Not my people,’ ‘You are my people’;
    and they will say, ‘You are my God.’”

============

Some days I wondered if GOD was even listening to me. I mean some trials lasted longer than others. “Where are YOU?” I would cry out, only to hear silence and remain in my present state.

  • There have been times when I have wondered if GOD is listening.
  • There have been times when I thought GOD seems to not care.
  • There have been times when I have thought GOD must be punishing me because things are not going the way I want them to in the time I want them to.


Looking back on my doubtful thinking I was venting at the one who put me in the situation in the first place. I did not know what HE was doing or why, I only knew I wanted out of the trial and into something ”better.” BUT GOD said something to calm me down.

  • GOD says “I see you.”
  • GOD says “There will come a day when I WILL respond.”
  • GOD says “I WILL say you are MY people and you will say YOU are my GOD.”


Throughout my waiting period I can see GOD was there sustaining me, yet HE was growing me to become patient and more understanding of those who are going through circumstances. HE wants me to slow down rather than speeding up so I will not miss those around me.

GOD also wants me to have the faith to keep pressing forward and to plea with HIM daily. I will keep my measure of faith HE has given me and place my total trust in HIM. HE is my GOD and I am HIS.

  • Are you still in a trial that has been going on for a while?
  • Do you want out of the trial but it seems to still linger?
  • Can you praise GOD for what HE is doing to sustain you?
  • Will you stop feeling ashamed and speak about GOD boldly?


No comments:

Post a Comment