Daniel 10: 18 Again the one who looked like a man touched me and gave me strength. 19 “Do not be afraid, you who are highly esteemed,” he said. “Peace! Be strong now; be strong.”
When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength.”
Worried that a patch would fall off I shrunk in embarrassment. Moments later a gentleman from another country approached me. I could not help but think of the shoddy sewing job I had done placing the patches randomly on my garment. “I like your sash, you must be very important!” the man said to me. “Did you hear what he said?” I exclaimed. My countenance changed to bright and cheery and I could no longer see the dangling patches.
- Sometimes I worry about the little things.
- Sometimes I think someone is looking at me the wrong way.
- Sometimes I wondered if yet another person was talking about me.
“Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me” was a saying someone tried to teach me, but words do hurt if said in a poisonous way. Words can also heal in an amazing way. Strangers have walked up to me with encouraging words that absolutely made my day turn from grey and gloomy to bright and sunny.
- GOD wants me to encourage people.
- GOD wants me to tell people they “can” do it instead of listing all the reasons they can’t.
- GOD wants me to enable “Peace” and “Strength” with encouraging words.
When the angel spoke to Daniel he only said a few words, but they were words of encouragement. Immediately Daniel received the words and felt at “Peace” while getting “Stronger” and “Stronger” each second. People can zap my energy with their words of worry and doubt while others can fill me up with encouragement to reach new heights.
I choose to encourage people through their most difficult times, knowing that GOD can do anything HE desires. I put my trust in the LORD.
- Are you down?
- Do you feel bad about yourself?
- Can you hear these important words that you are “Wonderfully” made by GOD and no one can do what HE has you doing?
- Will you place your trust in GOD so HE can fulfill HIS mighty purpose through you today?